Monday, April 02, 2007

Faithful unto death



Voice of the Martyrs: Sister Ma and her family were sound asleep one night in May 2001, when Chinese Public Security Bureau police burst into her house and arrested her, her son and her daughter-in-law ...

Sister Ma never broke when she was tortured with beatings and electrical shocks. Even when she was close to death, she refused to disclose the names of members of her congregation or sign a statement renouncing her Christian faith.... Throughout her ordeal, Sister Ma could hear the sounds of her son being tortured in the next room.

They could hear each other’s screams -- additional incentives to betray their friends and their faith. Recalling this, Sister Ma began to sob. “They wanted me to hear (my son’s) cries,” she said. “It broke my heart.”

According to VOM sources, Sister Ma was beaten to death while in custody. This kind of treatment has been common in China and other countries for more than half a century. In fact, more Christians have been martyred for their faith in the last century than all other centuries combined.

Heavenly father, We pray for the Chinese government. Please bless them. We pray for the prosperity of China, for your divine favor, provision and protection of your children in the great nation of china. We remember our brothers and sisters who have been misunderstood and the ones who are suffering for your name's sake. Please help them.
In Jesus name.. Amen!

1 comment:

A Toast From My Cup To Thine said...

I am so greatful for your testimony. I have been tested till I thought I would lose my mind. I've been told I have mental illness here in America. I love Jesus so much. I wrote a book of poetry and Jesus has restored my mind.