Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Are you discouraged?



Satan is the author of all discouragement.

If we have turned from our sins to God, believed in the finished work
of the Lord Jesus and have called on him as Lord & savior, then God is our heavenly father. He is always on our side against sin and the devil.

Let's cast our burdens at his feet and trust him to take care of us. Phil. 4:6

There is a wonderful hymn that comes to mind.

Who can cheer the heart like Jesus, here it is.


Who can cheer the heart like Je-sus,


By His pres-ence all di-vine?


True and ten-der, pure and pre-cious,


O how blest to call Him mine!

chorus


All that thrills my soul is Je-sus;


He is more than life to me;


And the fair-est of ten thou-sand,


In my bless-ed Lord I see.

verse 2

Love of Christ so freely given,
Grace of God beyond degree,
Mercy higher than the heaven,
Deeper than the deepest sea.

verse 3

What a wonderful redemption!
Never can a mortal know
How my sin, tho' red like crimson,
Can be whiter than the snow.

verse 4

Ev'ry need His hand supplying,
Ev'ry good in Him I see;
On His strength divine relying,
He is all in all to me.

verse 5

By the crystal flowing river
With the ransomed I will sing,
And forever and forever
Praise and glorify the King.


Here are some verses, that have encouraged me.

God is telling you "I've never quit loving you and never will.
Expect love, love, and more love!
And so now I'll start over with you and build you up again, Jer. 31:3 (free paraphrase of message)

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jer. 29:11

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

May God bless you!

No comments: